The Fundraising Committee is typically made up of 2 fisheries professionals, who organize, plan, and implement the fundraising activities during the Idaho AFS annual conference.
The mission of the Fundraising Committee is to raise funds for the Idaho Chapter of the American Fisheries Society.
The committee will seek to accomplish the mission through the following:
- Organize, solicit donations for, and host the annual social and fundraising event to be held in conjunction with the ICAFS annual meeting.
- Solicit and obtain corporate sponsorships and organize a trade show to be held in conjunction with the ICAFS annual meeting.
- Raising almost $24,000 at the 2015 social-fundraiser
- Providing funding for high school, undergraduate, and graduate scholarships
- Providing funding for "Trout in the Classroom" projects at elementary schools
- Providing funding for the Fishes of Idaho revision
- Providing funding for fish related educational projects
- Providing funding for fish related projects benefitting Idaho's trout, salmon, and other native fish